Confession: as healthy as that all sounds, I was kind of a mess yesterday. When it comes to my family, panic attacks are my autopilot measure.
2. Another confession: while they are in town, we have plenty of libation on hand. Alcohol does serve its purpose at the holidays. I did not learn this in therapy.
This is one of my favorite inexpensive wines - mostly because it tastes good, but I also do love the label. :-)
3. One of my students from this past semester sent me a hand-written thank you card. My grades have been in for two weeks and she's already received her updated transcript, so it's not like she was doing this to win favors. I have to give her props. Maybe one day I'll make writing personalized thank-you messages a goal; as it is, I'm happy if we manage to get the water bill in the mail.
4. Paper snowflakes: I love them.
5. Today was Day 5 of the 30 Day Vegan Challenge. So far, so good!
Breakfast: GF granola cereal with almond milk
Snack: Almond milk (!) latte at the new cafe in town... This is the first time I've been to a local place that offers almond milk
Lunch: GF pasta (Trader Joe's brand, which is pretty good) and sauce with an apple on the side
Snack: Orange and a Larabar
Dinner: Sauerkraut with potatoes, green beans, and mushrooms. Sauerkraut: smells stinky, tastes delish, yay for fermented food.
I'm reminded that this whole vegan thing isn't an issue for me as long as I have access to the food I like/need and a way to cook it. I'm not craving meat or dairy so far. In the long run, I think cheese will be the toughest thing: I do love a good stinky cheese.
6. To offset the calorie count: mat Pilates last night (first time doing a bona-fide Pilates class) and an Xtend Barre class today. After two weeks of being away, I'm sore.