Thus, any early morning run requires some preparation the night before so as to minimize damage/lateness/absence of essential articles of clothing:
- Make sure there's gas in the car.
- Grind coffee so that all I have to do is dump it into the machine, add water, and press start (though sometimes I simply press the off button without realizing it and walk away).
- Set pill bottles right next to the coffee maker so I don't forget to take my prescription before I leave.
- Place wallet, keys, and phone next to my bag. Otherwise, I won't be able to find them. Even if I place them *in* my bag, I will not be able to find them. They must be in my line of sight between the kitchen and the front door.
- Prepare lunch. Place all food in appropriate containers. Place containers in clear view in the fridge and on the counter. Place utensils next to food.
- Fill water filter pitcher.
- Lay out running clothes.
- Lay out towel, toiletries, change of clothes next to running gear. Include EVERYTHING I need. In the morning, I won't be functioning well enough to hunt for my stuff. I hate this part because I hate packing of any kind, however minimal.
- Check to make sure there is toilet paper in the bathroom.
Plan for tomorrow is to run ~4 miles, but I'm hoping to push for a few more. I think we can handle it - especially now that the weather's a bit cooler.