1. Wake up earlier than you'd like to for a run. Make sure you're super groggy and running late.
2. Grind coffee beans. Place in filter. Turn coffee machine on.
3. Wait five minutes.
4. Realize you forgot to add water.
5. Turn coffee pot off, just to be safe.
6. Pour water into coffee maker.
7. Wait as the steam created by the pouring of cold water into hot container somehow wends its way up up through the base of the coffee filter.
8. Watch coffee grinds shoot into the air and land all over the counters, floor, and you.
9. Curse a little.
10. Clean up grinds, dust yourself off, and go for a five-mile run.